Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by David Durham <da...@scott.af.mil> on 2004/09/10 16:48:55 UTC

Schema DTD

I have a problem using Torque to create database tables: I'm behind a
firewall.

How would I change the project-schema's DTD to reference something
local.  Currently it is:

<!DOCTYPE database SYSTEM
"http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/dtd/database.dtd">

What could I change that to, and where would I change it (presumably and
xdt in the torque.jar)?

- Dave

Re: Schema DTD

Posted by David Durham <da...@scott.af.mil>.
Emmanuel Florent wrote:

> The torque-gen will search for the Apache's hosted DTD only if it have
> trouble reading your schema.xml declaration.
> In other words, if you have a doctype declaration expected by you jar
> file it won't look at it on the network but use the one provided in the
> jar file.
> So now your question is:
> "which doctype declaration i must use with _this_ torque-gen version?"

Well, if I remove the DTD reference, then it will work.  Now I'm
thinking this is the wrong list to ask the question on.  The Ant task
that builds the schema is part of the OJB XDoclet module.

Thanks for the response, though.

- Dave

Re: Schema DTD

Posted by Emmanuel Florent <ef...@devaki.org>.
The torque-gen will search for the Apache's hosted DTD only if it have
trouble reading your schema.xml declaration.
In other words, if you have a doctype declaration expected by you jar
file it won't look at it on the network but use the one provided in the
jar file.
So now your question is:
"which doctype declaration i must use with _this_ torque-gen version?"

Emmanuel Florent
eflorent@devaki.org
http://www.devaki.org

Re: Schema DTD

Posted by David Durham <da...@scott.af.mil>.
David Durham wrote:

> I have a problem using Torque to create database tables: I'm behind a
> firewall.

Actually, I meant proxy.

Re: Schema DTD

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
David Durham <da...@scott.af.mil> writes:

>I have a problem using Torque to create database tables: I'm behind a
>firewall.

>How would I change the project-schema's DTD to reference something
>local.  Currently it is:

><!DOCTYPE database SYSTEM
>"http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/dtd/database.dtd">

What Torque version are you using. If you use the correct Torque 3.1 DTD:

http://db.apache.org/torque/dtd/database_3_1.dtd

then it will use automagically the file inside the torque-gen.jar

You can verify this by looking at the DTD resolver in
src/generator/src/java/org/apache/torque/engine/database/transform/DTDResolver.java

You should use the following DTD declaration for this:

<!DOCTYPE database SYSTEM "http://db.apache.org/torque/dtd/database_3_1.dtd">

I added this to the Wiki FAQ page.

	Regards
		Henning