Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Res Pons <po...@hotmail.com> on 2006/02/18 00:30:13 UTC

Access Control

Hi All

We�re running Subversion under Apache 2 and our repository is created under
/local1/svn using FSF.  There�re 4 projects under svn graphical presentation
of the directory structure. E.g.

Proj1 with trunk, branches, tags subfolders
Proj2 with trunk, branches, tags subfolders
Proj3 with trunk, branches, tags subfolders
Proj4 with trunk, branches, tags subfolders

Users use windows client to contact the repo.

------------I use the following in my httpd.conf------------------
.
.
LoadModule dav_module /usr/lib/httpd/modules/mod_dav.so
LoadModule dav_svn_module /usr/lib/httpd/modules/mod_dav_svn.so
LoadModule authz_svn_module /usr/lib/httpd/modules/mod_authz_svn.so
LoadModule rewrite_module /usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_rewrite.so
.
.
.
User www
Group www
.
.
.

<Location /svn>

DAV svn

SVNPath /local1/svn
#SVNParentPath /local1/svn

AuthzSVNAccessFile /local1/svn/conf/svn-access-file
#Satisfy Any
Require valid-user
AuthType Basic
AuthName "Subversion Access"
AuthUserFile /local1/svn/conf/svn-pwd-file

</Location>
-------------------------end of file---------------------

My access & pw files reside in /local1/svn/conf

The password file has encrypted passwords in it  and AuthUserFile in
httpd.conf points to it.

Here�s a simple snapshot of the access file:

----------------------Access File-----------------------------------
[general]

#password-db = svn-pwd-file
#realm = svn access
#anon-access = read
#auth-access = write

[groups]

svnAdmin =  samR
svnTags = samR
svnWriteGroup = user1, user2, user3,
svnReadGroup = user5, user6
svntesters = testuser

[/]
* = r
@svnAdmin = rw

[proj1:/]
@svnWriteGroup = rw
@svnReadGroup =

[proj1:/tags]
@svnTags = rw
@svnWriteGroup = r
@svnReadGroup = r

[svn:/proj2/trunk/webproducts]
@svntesters =

---------------------------- end of file------------------------

AND HERE�S THE PROBLEM:

When I do �svn list --username testuser
http://svn.ourdomain.com/svn/proj2/trunk� at the C: prompt

I get to see the hidden folder listed!  I have tried EVERY variation of
[svn:/proj2/trunk/webproducts] as follows:

[:/proj2/trunk/webproducts]
[/proj2/trunk/webproducts]
[proj2/trunk/webproducts]
[trunk/webproducts]

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? Help please.

RE: Access Control

Posted by Lieven Govaerts <lg...@mobsol.be>.
Hi,

In fact, as far as I know, you can't do this with Subversion, there's no
concept of a hidden folder. The only concepts you have are read-access and
write-access. Disabling read-access on a folder, which is what you have done
in this setup, disables the access to the contents of that folder (
subfolders and files ).

You can workaround this behaviour by making a 'private' folder, with
read-access disabled for user 'testuser', and then put your webproducts
folder inside that 'private' folder.

Lieven.