Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by "Perez Carmona, David" <DP...@fcc.es> on 2004/06/10 16:41:14 UTC

XPath on nodeset variables

Hi,

I suppose the problem I'm having is specific to Xalan.
I have written a function that returns a nodeset, that is called my:function() that returns this nodeset:

<a>
    <b/>
    <c/>
</a>

With the following,

    <xsl:copy-of select="my:function()"/>

I dump the contents of the nodeset successfully, or even

    <xsl:variable name="var" select="my:function()"/>
    <xsl:copy-of select="$var"/>

If on the other hand I try this:

    <xsl:variable name="var" select="my:function()"/>
    <xsl:copy-of select="$var/*[1]"/>

I get emtpy content.

Why can't I apply an XPath to nodeset variables?

I have tried succesfully to do this:
    <xsl:copy-of select="document('mydoc.xml')/*[1]"/>

Theorically is the same case as above.
Why can I apply XPath to this 2nd sample?

Is this a Xalan bug?

Additional data:
    Version of Java used: 1.4.2
    Version of Xalan: 2.5.1
    Operating system: Windows Server 2003
    I'm using the endorsed mechanism.

Thanx for any help.

    David

Este correo ha sido procesado por el antivirus del Grupo FCC.