Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org> on 2013/01/21 21:01:02 UTC

What does "Found lingering reference file" mean?

I have issue below when I'm runing hbck:

ERROR: Found lingering reference file
hdfs://node3:9000/hbase/entry_proposed/fbd1735591467005e53f48645278b006/recovered.edits/0000000000091843039.temp

and I'm wondering what it means...

Thanks,

JM

Re: What does "Found lingering reference file" mean?

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
Thats right.  Its a bug in hbck that it thinks recovered.edits a cf.
St.Ack

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Jimmy Xiang <jx...@cloudera.com>.
RECOVERED_EDITS is not a column family.  It should be ignored by hbck.

Filed a jira:

Jimmy

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.