Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Michael O'Cleirigh <mi...@rivulet.ca> on 2010/04/01 15:48:31 UTC

WicketStuff Teamcity can't access the sourceforge subversion repository

Hello,

Recently there has been some initiative in organizing more WicketStuff
core releases and changes have been going into the sourceforge
subversion repository for that effect.

But there is a problem with Teamcity not being able to access the
wicketstuff repository which prevents the updated artifacts being built
and distributed into the maven snapshot repository.  I like to only
checkout the specific submodules I work on and have m2eclipse resolve
the parent from the snapshot repository; but that approach doesn't work
when the snapshots are not being created.

I searched the dev list archive and there was a problem like this in the
past (Re: TeamCity on wicketstuff.org from November 29 2008).

Here is a link to the build log with the
'//org.tmatesoft.svn.core.SVNException: svn: connection refused by the
server'//  error:
http://wicketstuff.org/teamcity/viewLog.html?buildId=5903&tab=buildResultsDiv&buildTypeId=bt35

It feels like the build server might be blacklisted in some way by
sourceforge; although it could be something else.

Does anyone know what was done before or have a contact from that time
which could be used to get teamcity talking subversion again?

Thanks,

Mike

Re: WicketStuff Teamcity can't access the sourceforge subversion repository

Posted by Renaud Bruyeron <br...@fullsix.com>.
Has anyone considered github for wicketstuff?
it looks like the perfect place for something like wicketstuff

Renaud

--
Renaud Bruyeron - CTO - FullSIX France
+33 6 10 11 03 42

Re: WicketStuff Teamcity can't access the sourceforge subversion repository

Posted by James Carman <jc...@carmanconsulting.com>.

How does TeamCity collect Wicketsuff SVN changes (post commit hook or polling)?

Posted by Michael O'Cleirigh <mi...@rivulet.ca>.
Hello,

This message is a follow up to the TeamCity access issue with
wicketstuff at sourceforge.net.

I asked about the access problem in the source forge irc support but the
response was to have a project admin open up a ticket which is what
didn't work last time.

I was wondering if TeamCity was setup to continuously poll the SVN
repository or if a post commit hook was being used?

I would think that triggering svn update only after a developer commits
would generate less requests and hopefully prevent the build server from
being blacklisted.

At work we use the post commit hook to fire a wget into our Hudson CI
server that in turn triggers the svn update and build.

TeamCity seems to support the same:
http://confluence.jetbrains.net/display/TCD5/Accessing+Server+by+HTTP#AccessingServerbyHTTP-TriggeringaBuildFromScript

Sourceforge won't let projects directly edit the svn/hooks/post-commit
file.  Instead they support several scripts that can be configured by a
project admin.

There is no wget option available; the closest is the 'svnnotify' script
that can send an email when a commit occurs.  I can provide a dedicated
email address for this purpose and offer to write a script to convert
the commit notifications into wget calls into teamcity which would
active the build.

Regards,

Mike

Posted by nino martinez wael <ni...@gmail.com>.