Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Trudi <er...@ca.com> on 2009/09/21 04:37:41 UTC

JAAS AuthZ: How to form a service name in authorizationEntry?

Hi,

I'm trying to understand how authorization (authZ) works in ServiceMix.

I have HTTP consumer that requires basic auth.  This works fine.

Next I want to see authZ working.

I added a role to groups.properties as following:

superuser=trudi

The user name trudi is specified in users-passwords.properties and I've had
that working with authN.

I've then replaced the existing authorization entry (in security.xml) with a
new one:
 service="{urn:/addsource.wsdl}:addsourceService" roles="superuser"

The problem with this is that I get a PatternSyntaxException because the
service name is translated into {{urn}/addsource.wsdl}:addsourceService.

Next I removed the braces from the service name in security.xml:
service="urn:/addsource.wsdl:addsourceService" roles="superuser"

But the service didn't match because the service name is transated into
{urn}/addsource.wsdl:addsourceService.

Next I changed all my namespaces to xxx and in security.xml changed the
security name to xxx:addsourceService and finally the service matched.

Any ideas why the authorizationEntry isn't coping with a urn namespace?

Thanks,
Trudi.

Re: JAAS AuthZ: How to form a service name in authorizationEntry?

Posted by Trudi <er...@ca.com>.
Hi,

Does anyone have an idea about this issue?

Regards,
Trudi.