Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Felix Sima <fe...@medialab.sissa.it> on 2002/04/09 12:48:05 UTC

3 torque questions

Hello.

1. Can I set up the IDBroker service to generate unique Ids over an entire
database ? If yes, please give me some hints.

2. When I run ant to generate OM and SQL from my XML schema, I get a
id-table-schema.sql file wich contains sql commands for creating
the "id-table" table and inserting in this table ONLY one record,
ignoring the rest of the tables in project. I solved this problem
by deleting this file before running ant project-insert-sql.
Is this an error of mine, or of torque ?

3. If a go to

http://www.mail-archive.com/

and make a search after "turbine-torque-user" I get
the following message :
"No lists by the name of turbine-torque-user"
How can I see this new list ?

Thank you in advance.
Felix.

Re: 3 torque questions

Posted by John McNally <jm...@collab.net>.
Felix Sima wrote:

> Hello.
>
> 1. Can I set up the IDBroker service to generate unique Ids over an entire
> database ? If yes, please give me some hints.

With the cvs version of torque you can use <id-method-parameter
value="foo"/> to specify that the IDBroker use the ID_TABLE row with
tablename=foo to get ids.  You can get this behavior by updating the
template src/templates/om/MapBuilder.vm, if you want to minimize the
needed changes.

Otherwise, you can go through your MapBuilder classes and make the
substitution.  look for setPrimaryKeyMethodInfo.  I recommend the first
approach.

john mcnally

Re: 3 torque questions

Posted by Pete Kazmier <pe...@kazmier.com>.
On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 12:48:05PM +0200, Felix Sima wrote:
> 2. When I run ant to generate OM and SQL from my XML schema, I get a
> id-table-schema.sql file wich contains sql commands for creating the
> "id-table" table and inserting in this table ONLY one record, ignoring
> the rest of the tables in project. I solved this problem by deleting
> this file before running ant project-insert-sql.  Is this an error of
> mine, or of torque ?

Not sure what version you are using, but if you are using the latest
beta version of torque, I believe you need to invoke:

ant id-table-init-sql

before you invoke:

ant project-insert-sql

Give that a shot.  I've updated the tutorial to reflect this just today
as another user recently pointed out.

Thanks,
Pete