Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Richard <ri...@gmail.com> on 2004/10/06 11:53:07 UTC

ActionMessages Help

Hello Guys ,

Im using DynaActionForms and I cant figure out how to display the
messages I have created on the Action back to the jsp.

Thanks in Advance

Here are my codes....

SubmitAction.java
===============
        ActionMessages errors = new ActionMessages();
        ActionMessage error = new ActionMessage( "license.notagree " ) ;
        errors.add( "iagree" , error ) ;

        if (!errors.isEmpty()) {
            this.saveErrors(request, errors);
            return (mapping.getInputForward());
        }

license.jsp
=======
charset=ISO-8859-1"></meta>
	</head>
            <jsp:include page="banner.jsp" />
.
.
.
.

struts-config
=========
            <action
                path="/submit-license"
                type="com.freesoftswitch.actions.SubmitLicenseAction"
                name="LicenseForm"
                scope="request"
                input="/license.fss">
              <forward name="failure" path="/serverpages/temp_google.jsp" />
              <forward name="success" path="/serverpages/temp_google.jsp" />
            </action>

MessageResources.properties

Re: ActionMessages Help

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
Either use the <html:errors> or <html:messages> tag

http://struts.apache.org/userGuide/struts-html.html#errors
http://struts.apache.org/userGuide/struts-html.html#messages

Niall