Posted to dev@beehive.apache.org by S....@abg.com.pl on 2006/02/07 14:59:31 UTC

running beehive without ant

Hi

Is there a way to run beehive without using ant??

I was looking at AptTask.java and i've got a problem with:

        setExecutable("apt");

To be honest, i don't know what it does. I'm trying to make maven2 plugin.
To do it i need only to know a way to run it from commandline or
understand which method should i invoke from which class to make it start.

Pozdrawiam
Sebastian Błoch

Re: running beehive without ant

Posted by Eddie O'Neil <ek...@gmail.com>.
Sebastian--

  Yes, this is definitely possible -- the line you mention:

  setExecutable("apt");

from our AptTask sets the compiler used during processing to the
"apt.exe" tool that is part of the 5.0 JDK.  Apt is Sun's new command
line tool that is used to process annotations at build time.

  The AptTask just builds up a command that Ant in turn executes via
System.exec (as I recall), so to see the command that this generates,
try running an application build with Ant's "-verbose" flag and you'll
see the command that is executed to "apt.exe".

  Great to hear that you're working on Maven2 support -- I've got some
Maven 1.x work that from Adam that needs to be committed and was going
to upload the JARs from our 1.0.1 release later this week.  With
Maven2, it would be *great* define some project archetypes; if you've
got some support to send along, definitely let me know.

  Hope that helps...

Eddie