Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Stéphane Mangeot <st...@metaboli.fr> on 2006/03/31 11:42:55 UTC

Can't access the repository by http:, file:, svn:, ...

Hi all,

I'm new to Subversion and first want to make a test on a local computer
to access the repository via http.

I follow all steps in the book to configure my HTTP server. I've Apache
2.0.53 and Subversion 1.3.0 working on Windows XP SP1.
Here is a detailed list of what I do :

    * in httpd.conf

        * uncomment the line : LoadModule dav_module modules/mod_dav.so
        * add the line LoadModule dav_svn_module modules/mod_dav_svn.so
        * set the servername to myComputerName.myDomainName.fr:80 (i've
          try with localhost and localhost:80 too)
        * Add those lines after the commented "Location" lines :

            <Location /repositories/rep1>
              DAV svn
              SVNParentPath c:\SubversionRepositories\rep1
            </Location>

    * with cmd.exe

        *

          svnadmin create c:\SubversionRepositories\rep1
          that's works, i've all subversion files in my directory.

Then I think I've initialized an empty repository and I can now access it.

I install subclipse 0.9.108 to access the repository. I create a new
repository location and type the URL :
"http://localhost/repositories/rep1". The response is :

    Error validating location:
    "org.tigris.subversion.javahl.ClientException: RA layer request failed
    svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/repositories/rep1'
    svn: PROPFIND of '/repositories/rep1': 403 Forbidden (http://localhost)
    "

I try the url "http://localhost:80/repositories/rep1" but same message.
I try the url from an internet navigator (IE and Firefox) but 403 too.

After many other tries, I do an other test with "file:" instead of "http:".
Always with subclipse, I type "file://c:/SubversionRepositories/rep1" as
an URL. The message is now :

    Error validating location:
    "org.tigris.subversion.javahl.ClientException:
    Could'nt open a repository
    svn: Unable to open an ra_local session to URL
    svn: Unable to open repository 'file://c:/SubversionRepositories/rep1'
    "

I've certainly forgotten something very simple ! The access to the
repository via HTTP seems to be so easy.

Can someone help me ?

Thanks a lot

Stéphane.

Re: Can't access the repository by http:, file:, svn:, ...