Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Alan Peña Islas <es...@hotmail.com> on 2015/07/10 17:57:10 UTC

[users@httpd] High Availability Load Balancing with Apache

Hi,

Is there any configuration to achieve a load balancing only with Apache?

I have two servers to offer cryptographic services, so, I want to put an Apache balancer in front of them for high availability; since this is a single point of failure, I need an Apache load balancer cluster to ensure the service. I read the documentation but I can´t find any info about put two or more apaches this way, there is only info about make it with one server.

Additionally, making a simple search, there are so many solutions to make a high available load balancer (using other software like Artic Monkey, putting physical load balancers, etc), but I want use only apache modules. If this is not possible, which solutions have been successfully for you?

RE: [users@httpd] High Availability Load Balancing with Apache

Posted by Alan P <es...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks.

It was requirement to use apache, but since it is not possible, I will use physical balancers.

From: luis.daniel.lucio@gmail.com
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2015 12:44:57 -0400
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] High Availability Load Balancing with Apache

There are for sure, better tools to do what you want instead apache.
Look for Corosync+PacemakerLuis Daniel Lucio Quiroz
CISSP, CISM, CISA
Linux, VoIP and much more fun
www.okay.com.mx

Need LCR? Check out LCR for FusionPBX with FreeSWITCH
Need Billing? Check out Billing for FusionPBX with FreeSWITCH

On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 11:57 AM, Alan Peña Islas <es...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Additionally, making a simple search, there are so many solutions to make a

> high available load balancer (using other software like Artic Monkey,

> putting physical load balancers, etc), but I want use only apache modules.

> If this is not possible, which solutions have been successfully for you?

You can't/don't want to do it with Apache modules.  You need to put

something in front of your Apache cluster that provides a virtual IP

for Apache via something like NAT or MAC forwarding.  Read a bit about

LVS (linux virtual server) for example.

Re: [users@httpd] High Availability Load Balancing with Apache

Posted by Luis Daniel Lucio Quiroz <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.