Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Aleksei Valikov <va...@gmx.net> on 2005/06/27 23:28:10 UTC

Troubles with trees on MyFaces with Sun RI

Hi.

I needed a tree component for my Sun RI-based application and spent
several hours today trying to make MyFaces trees work.
Here's a small list of problems that I met:

1. Tree2.
Does not work with Sun RI. NPE with command links, this problem was
recently reported in the list.

2. Tree.
I had to disable Javascript in web.xml otherwise, some javascript was
rendered in the page, with a reference to clear_helloForm() function,
which was not rendered.

3. Tree.
Duplicate component identifier.

4. Tree.
Simply not reacting.

So I'd be greateful if anyone could send me a working MyFaces + Sun RI
example. WAR file maybe?
Thanks.

Does anyone know if there are good free tree implementations outside
MyFaces? (sorry to ask it here, but I'm a bit desperate, guys)

Bye.
/lexi

Re: Troubles with trees on MyFaces with Sun RI

Posted by Aleksei Valikov <va...@gmx.net>.
Hi.

>>I needed a tree component for my Sun RI-based application and spent
>>several hours today trying to make MyFaces trees work.
>>Here's a small list of problems that I met:
>>
>>1. Tree2.
>>Does not work with Sun RI. NPE with command links, this problem was
>>recently reported in the list.
>
> Known issue.  (MYFACES-291)

Obviously links have to be added to the form before rendering them. I
could try to correct this myself.

>>2. Tree.
>>I had to disable Javascript in web.xml otherwise, some javascript was
>>rendered in the page, with a reference to clear_helloForm() function,
>>which was not rendered.
>
> This sounds like a new one.

clear_<form>() is only rendered by the MyFaces form renderer, not by Sun
RI. I guess that's why it does not work.

>>3. Tree.
>>Duplicate component identifier.
>
> Recently Fixed (MYFACES-281)

No, a different one. I had "Duplicate component ID 'tree_node_0' found
in view."

>>So I'd be greateful if anyone could send me a working MyFaces + Sun RI
>>example. WAR file maybe?
>
> That's not going to happen anytime soon.  First we have to finish the
> SVN reorg.  Then we need to address the problem.  A ways down the line
> we will end up testing all of the examples against the RI but that is
> a lower priority.

Understand.

>>Does anyone know if there are good free tree implementations outside
>>MyFaces? (sorry to ask it here, but I'm a bit desperate, guys)
>
> Nope.  Why not help us fix the MyFaces version instead?

I'll try to.

Posted by Balaji Saranathan <ba...@wipro.com>.
"That's not going to happen anytime soon.  First we have to finish the
SVN reorg.  Then we need to address the problem.  A ways down the line
we will end up testing all of the examples against the RI but that is a
lower priority."

I can do this for you and update in a document.

"Why not help us fix the MyFaces version instead?"

If you have any directions at fixing the NPE in commandlink renderer, I
can work on it. I'm not sure if  only because of the different
implementations than adhering to the specs.

-Bala

> I needed a tree component for my Sun RI-based application and spent
> several hours today trying to make MyFaces trees work. Here's a small
> list of problems that I met:
>
> 1. Tree2.
> Does not work with Sun RI. NPE with command links, this problem was
> recently reported in the list.

Known issue.  (MYFACES-291)

> 2. Tree.
> I had to disable Javascript in web.xml otherwise, some javascript was
> rendered in the page, with a reference to clear_helloForm() function,
> which was not rendered.

This sounds like a new one.

> 3. Tree.
> Duplicate component identifier.

Recently Fixed (MYFACES-281)

> 4. Tree.
> Simply not reacting.

Well obviously it won't work until issues #1,#2 and #3 are resolved.

> So I'd be greateful if anyone could send me a working MyFaces + Sun RI

> example. WAR file maybe?

That's not going to happen anytime soon.  First we have to finish the
SVN reorg.  Then we need to address the problem.  A ways down the line
we will end up testing all of the examples against the RI but that is a
lower priority.

> Does anyone know if there are good free tree implementations outside
> MyFaces? (sorry to ask it here, but I'm a bit desperate, guys)

Nope.  Why not help us fix the MyFaces version instead?

> /lexi

sean

Confidentiality Notice

you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender at Wipro or Mailadmin@wipro.com immediately

Re: Troubles with trees on MyFaces with Sun RI

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.
> I needed a tree component for my Sun RI-based application and spent
> several hours today trying to make MyFaces trees work.
> Here's a small list of problems that I met:
>
> 1. Tree2.
> Does not work with Sun RI. NPE with command links, this problem was
> recently reported in the list.

Known issue.  (MYFACES-291)

> 2. Tree.
> I had to disable Javascript in web.xml otherwise, some javascript was
> rendered in the page, with a reference to clear_helloForm() function,
> which was not rendered.

This sounds like a new one.

> 3. Tree.
> Duplicate component identifier.

Recently Fixed (MYFACES-281)

> 4. Tree.
> Simply not reacting.

Well obviously it won't work until issues #1,#2 and #3 are resolved.

> So I'd be greateful if anyone could send me a working MyFaces + Sun RI
> example. WAR file maybe?

That's not going to happen anytime soon.  First we have to finish the
SVN reorg.  Then we need to address the problem.  A ways down the line
we will end up testing all of the examples against the RI but that is
a lower priority.

> Does anyone know if there are good free tree implementations outside
> MyFaces? (sorry to ask it here, but I'm a bit desperate, guys)

Nope.  Why not help us fix the MyFaces version instead?

> /lexi

sean

RE: Troubles with trees on MyFaces with Sun RI

Posted by Balaji Saranathan <ba...@wipro.com>.
Hi,

I used the tree with my own web.xml. It has nothing from Myfaces.
Probably the most primitive of the web.xml you'll find
:-p. Just the tree.jsp page into the application and the
myfaces-extensions.jar file.

And as for free tree implementations, I never came across one for Sun
RI. So, we are developing ourselves.