Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Suresh Srinivas <su...@hortonworks.com> on 2013/09/19 21:28:04 UTC

Re: HDFS federation Configuration

Have you looked at -
http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.1.0-beta/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-hdfs/Federation.html

Let me know if the document is not clear or needs improvements.

Regards,
Suresh

--
http://hortonworks.com/download/

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

RE: HDFS federation Configuration

Posted by Manickam P <ma...@outlook.com>.
Hi,
Thanks. I have done that.

Thanks,
Manickam P
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 10:02:42 -0700
Subject: Re: HDFS federation Configuration
From: suresh@hortonworks.com
To: user@hadoop.apache.org

I'm not able to follow the page completely.

Can you pls help me to get some clear step by step or little bit more details in the configuration side?

Have you setup a non-federated cluster before. If you have, the page should be easy to follow. If you have not setup a non-federated cluster before, I suggest doing so, before looking at this document.

I think the document already has step by step instructions.I

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICENOTICE: This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential, privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any printing, copying, dissemination, distribution, disclosure or forwarding of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete it from your system. Thank You.

RE: HDFS federation Configuration

Posted by Manickam P <ma...@outlook.com>.
Hi,
Thanks. I have done that.

Thanks,
Manickam P

Posted by Manickam P <ma...@outlook.com>.
Hi,
Thanks. I have done that.

Thanks,
Manickam P

Posted by Manickam P <ma...@outlook.com>.
Hi,
Thanks. I have done that.

Thanks,
Manickam P

Posted by Manickam P <ma...@outlook.com>.
Hi,
I got couple of doubts while doing this. Please help me to understand that.
How to generate or find out the the cluster id for the below step? I saw that for one node we can format without this cluster id and we need to pass same cluster id which got generated for the other name node while formatting or else we could not get the federated cluster. $HADOOP_PREFIX_HOME/bin/hdfs namenode -format -clusterId <cluster_id>In my case i want to have two name nodes and 3 data nodes. Do i need to mention all the data nodes ip address in the slave files in two name nodes?

Thanks,Manickam P

Posted by Manickam P <ma...@outlook.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Manickam P <ma...@outlook.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Manickam P <ma...@outlook.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Suresh Srinivas <su...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Suresh Srinivas <su...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Suresh Srinivas <su...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Suresh Srinivas <su...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Manickam P <ma...@outlook.com>.
Hi Suresh,

I'm not able to follow the page completely.
Can you pls help me to get some clear step by step or little bit more details in the configuration side?
I am trying to follow a 3 node machines with 2.1.0 beta version of hadoop. My intention is having 2 federated name node and 2 data nodes.

Thanks,
Manickam P