Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Brad Moore <bm...@cox.net> on 2003/06/12 22:12:59 UTC

Passing parameters to handlers

Hello all,

I'm writing an Axis Handler that implements the WS-Security Username
Token spec.  For those of you that aren't familiar with it, it's a nice
way of putting usernames and passwords in the header of a SOAP request,
using digests, so that they are verified in a more secure manner.

I understand how you can pass parameters to a handler by registering
properties in the .wsdd file, but I need to be able to pass a username
and password from a Call object to the handler so that it can be
processed and put in the header.  The username and password will then be
verified by the handler on the other end and the service doesn't need
the login information to perform its task.  (The service chain expects
the login information to be in the header and not the body).

Could anybody tell me if Axis provides an elegant way to get username
and password information to my handler from a Call object on the client
side?

Thanks,

Brad

Re: Passing parameters to handlers