Posted to user@olingo.apache.org by "Gupta, Nishant." <ni...@informatica.com> on 2017/11/24 10:55:56 UTC

Optional Parameters in OData Functions

Hi,

I have been in a dilemma for a long time regarding the reason as to why Olingo doesn't support optional parameters i.e. we don't even have to specify the parameter name in the REST API.

I see that there is a CsdlParameter.setNullable(true) but that is for the values; parameters can't be optional. Am I correct here or is there a way to have optional parameters in OData Functions.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Nishant Gupta

RE: Optional Parameters in OData Functions

Posted by "Handl, Ralf" <ra...@sap.com>.
Hi Nishant,

Optional function parameters have been introduced very recently in OData Version 4.01, which is still in the review phase.

In OData V2 and "plain" OData V4 there's no way to have optional parameters.

Thanks
Ralf Handl