Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Ryan Shaw <ry...@stanfordalumni.org> on 2002/04/22 09:36:56 UTC

Re: Commit: Renamed AverageValueInstrumentSample to MeanValueInstrumentSample.

Cool, thanks.

Re: configuration.getChild("child", false).getValue();

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Mon, 29 Apr 2002 18:20, Andrei A. Ivanov wrote:
> configuration.getChild("child", false).getValue();
> configuration.getChild("child", true).getValue();
>
> causes "hanging" of configure(...) when such element, "child, doesn't exist
> in config. No exception is thrown. I used, I think, cvs build of 25.04.

In the current build the first one will cause a NullPointerException. The
reason being that there is no child so getChild() will return false. The
second method will cause a ConfigurationException with message

No value is associated with the configuration element "child" at -

As the newly constructed child has internal text. What I believe you may want
to do is

configuration.getChild("child", true).getValue( null )

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald

configuration.getChild("child", false).getValue();