Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Bruno PRIN <Br...@fr.adp.com> on 2005/12/22 17:29:16 UTC

Target duration

Hello,

We use ant to build 130 modules.
The compilation ant building step take over 10 hours, we want to know
which step spend more time.

The project is launch several times, i know the time spend by each
launch of the project but I want to know the detail by target.

Is there an option to display the time spend by each target ?

Thanks

Re: Target duration

Posted by Nicolas Vervelle <ni...@steria.com>.
I forgot the link:
http://ant-contrib.sourceforge.net/tasks/tasks/performance_monitor.html

That's probably what you want

Re: Target duration

Posted by Nicolas Vervelle <ni...@steria.com>.

Re: Target duration

Posted by William Louth <wi...@jinspired.com>.
You might also want to check out, JXInsight, an extensible distributed tracing and profiling product that provides a powerful visualization console and indepth JVM metrics (cpu time, high resolution clock times, thread blocking and waiting, GC, object allocations as well as JUnit, Log4j and Java Logging trace integrations.

 http://www.jinspired.com/products/jdbinsight/antjunittracing.html
 This articles looks at how JXInsight                                    can be used to trace and profile the execution                                    of Ant build projects, targets, and tasks. Showing                                    a new integrated extension for JUnit that supports                                    tracing of local and distributed (forked process)                                    tests executed by the Ant JUnit task. Using                                    Hibernate 3.0 as the build project example the                                    article demonstrates how to trace across multiple                                    JVM's and JXInsight trace extensions (Apache                                    Ant, JUnit, and JDBC/JDBInsight) - correlating                                    transaction paths and SQL statements with resulting                                    distributed traces.

Regards,

 William Louth
 JXInsight Product Architect
 JInspired

 "J*EE tuning, testing and tracing with JXInsight"
 http://www.jinspired.com

Posted by Jeffrey E Care <ca...@us.ibm.com>.