Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by bluestar <se...@butterflycluster.net> on 2010/07/06 03:48:39 UTC

search multiple default fields

hi there,

is it possible to define multiple default search fields in the
solrconfig.xml?

at the moment i am using a queryfilter programatically but i want to be
able to configure things such that my query will be processed as:

defaultfield:myquery OR field2:myquery OR field3:myquery ... ..

basically i want my query to match any of my named fields, but not always
matching the defaultfield...

at the moment i have one default field + a queryfilter which is not
returning the desired results.

thanks

Re: search multiple default fields

Posted by Simon Willnauer <si...@googlemail.com>.
Have a look at http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DisMaxRequestHandler and
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DisMaxRequestHandler#qf_.28Query_Fields.29

that might help with what you are looking for...

simon