Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org> on 2000/12/22 02:22:54 UTC

Proposals for ApacheCon 2001 in; help us choose! (fwd)

Well, this is new. You choose what sessions at ApacheCon you want.

I don't think it's a fair approach by ApacheCon committee, as by applying
this approach they are going to make the big player even bigger and kill
the emerging technologies, who will definitely not get enough quotes and
thus will not make it in :( I'm not on the committee, so I cannot really
influence, but I'll try anyway.

So if you want to get as many mod_perl sessions as possible your voting is
most important.

The original announce is attached.

Posted by Matt Sergeant <ma...@sergeant.org>.
On Fri, 22 Dec 2000, Stas Bekman wrote:

> Well, this is new. You choose what sessions at ApacheCon you want.
>
> I don't think it's a fair approach by ApacheCon committee, as by applying
> this approach they are going to make the big player even bigger and kill
> the emerging technologies, who will definitely not get enough quotes and
> thus will not make it in :( I'm not on the committee, so I cannot really
> influence, but I'll try anyway.

I agree, and I've written to Ken the same. The benefit of refereed papers
by a technical committee is that you tend to get a good balance of
technologies at the conference. This way you will only get the best known
technologies talked about, I believe. I hope camelot change their mind on
this one.

--
<Matt/>

    /||    ** Director and CTO **