Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Peter S. Hamlen" <ph...@mail.com> on 2002/09/27 16:51:11 UTC

[FRIDAY] [OT] Best misunderstanding of an acronym?

Yesterday, I sent an email to a co-worker on a topic, and added at the
bottom YMMV without bothering to explain the acronym.

This morning (about ten minutes ago), she showed up and asked:
"What does YMMV mean? You Make Me Vomit? "

Anyone else have any choice examples of misunderstood acronyms?

-Peter

Re: [FRIDAY] [OT] Best misunderstanding of an acronym?

Posted by Vincent Stoessel <vi...@xaymaca.com>.
I love this new one floating around: RTFA

Read the F*cking Archive!

Peter S. Hamlen wrote:
> Yesterday, I sent an email to a co-worker on a topic, and added at the
> bottom YMMV without bothering to explain the acronym.
>
> This morning (about ten minutes ago), she showed up and asked:
> "What does YMMV mean? You Make Me Vomit? "
>
> Anyone else have any choice examples of misunderstood acronyms?
>
> -Peter

Vincent Stoessel
Linux Systems Developer
vincent xaymaca.com

Re: [FRIDAY] [OT] Best misunderstanding of an acronym?

Posted by Eddie Bush <ek...@swbell.net>.
LOL - I'm not familiar with that one either ... and what's up with this
[sic]/(sic) stuff?  Where did that start, and why am I unfamiliar with
it - arrgh!

--
Eddie Bush

Re: [FRIDAY] [OT] Best misunderstanding of an acronym?

Posted by Daniel Jaffa <ja...@courtinnovation.org>.
a quick search on the web and i found

THE ACRONYM DATABASE
Search for: YMMV among acronyms
YMMV
040: Your Mileage May Vary
040: Your Mileage May Vary (exclusion clause)
2 matching entries
Searched 21874 entries

http://www.ucc.ie/cgi-bin/acronym?YMMV

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

RE: [FRIDAY] [OT] Best misunderstanding of an acronym?