Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Chris Herrera <ch...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/21 18:57:54 UTC

Email processor test failure

Hi All,

Apologies for apparently going braindead…I’m sure I’m doing something silly…. I am in the process of starting to work on some custom processors and controller services, and I am running into an issue with a few tests in the email processor.

Specifically org.apache.nifi.processors.email.TestListenSMTP is timing out on validateSuccesfulInteraction… when stepping through it seems as if it is timing out. However, I also see that there is a test smtp server that should be stood up for the test…has anyone run into this before.

Thanks a lot!
Chris Herrera

Tests run: 3, Failures: 3, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 48.071 sec <<< FAILURE! - in org.apache.nifi.processors.email.TestListenSMTP
validateSuccessfulInteraction(org.apache.nifi.processors.email.TestListenSMTP)  Time elapsed: 15.04 sec  <<< FAILURE!
java.lang.AssertionError: null
at org.junit.Assert.fail(Assert.java:86)
at org.junit.Assert.assertTrue(Assert.java:41)
at org.junit.Assert.assertTrue(Assert.java:52)
at org.apache.nifi.processors.email.TestListenSMTP.validateSuccessfulInteraction(TestListenSMTP.java:91)

validateSuccessfulInteractionWithTls(org.apache.nifi.processors.email.TestListenSMTP)  Time elapsed: 16.518 sec  <<< FAILURE!
java.lang.AssertionError: null
at org.junit.Assert.fail(Assert.java:86)
at org.junit.Assert.assertTrue(Assert.java:41)
at org.junit.Assert.assertTrue(Assert.java:52)
at org.apache.nifi.processors.email.TestListenSMTP.validateSuccessfulInteractionWithTls(TestListenSMTP.java:157)

validateTooLargeMessage(org.apache.nifi.processors.email.TestListenSMTP)  Time elapsed: 16.513 sec  <<< FAILURE!
java.lang.AssertionError: null
at org.junit.Assert.fail(Assert.java:86)
at org.junit.Assert.assertTrue(Assert.java:41)
at org.junit.Assert.assertTrue(Assert.java:52)
at org.apache.nifi.processors.email.TestListenSMTP.validateTooLargeMessage(TestListenSMTP.java:203)

Re: Email processor test failure

Posted by Oleg Zhurakousky <oz...@hortonworks.com>.
Chris

ListenSMTP is essentially an email server. This processor essentially allows you to send emails to it. So by running it you are starting a simple email server.
That said something is obviously not going well on your end. Any firewalls or other specific networking setup that you have that may cause it?
Anyway, you must have some stack traces to share.

Cheers
Oleg

Posted by Chris Herrera <ch...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Koji and Oleg!

So I double check /etc/hosts…everything seems fine there, and I remove -T2 and just had plain mvn clean install, but unfortunately nothing…I am now in the process of digging through every setting. I agree with Oleg that there must be some network config issue on my end. In the mean time I will stand up a VM and make sure everything is good inside the VM.

Thanks again!

Regards,
Chris

Posted by Oleg Zhurakousky <oz...@hortonworks.com>.