Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Kohsuke Kawaguchi <ko...@sun.com> on 2005/10/19 09:04:47 UTC

[javaflow] Pushing new javaflow website

Torsten,

I've updated some of the documents, and I'd like to push them to the
website [1]. Would it be OK if I do that, or would you like to check
things first?

I also noticed that some of the other commons-sandbox projects (like
commons-id [2]) are publishing nightly builds. I think it's good if we
can do the same --- do you know how we can set one up?

[1] http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/sandbox/javaflow/
[2] http://cvs.apache.org/builds/jakarta-commons/nightly/commons-id/
--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi
Sun Microsystems                   kohsuke.kawaguchi@sun.com

Re: [javaflow] Pushing new javaflow website

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On 10/21/05, Kohsuke Kawaguchi <ko...@sun.com> wrote:
> Torsten Curdt wrote:
> >> This email [1] may help. Once you have the ant build set up as
> >> indicated (if its not already), you should send out a similar email
> >> for [javaflow].
> >
> > Cool, thanks!
>
> Can we write a quick Ant build script that invokes Maven and get away
> with it? Or do we need to reproduce the entire build process in Ant?
>
> Maybe I should check what other projects are doing...
<snip/>

Tried this? [ http://maven.apache.org/reference/plugins/ant/ ]

-Rahul

Re: [javaflow] Pushing new javaflow website

Posted by Kohsuke Kawaguchi <ko...@sun.com>.

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org>.
> This email [1] may help. Once you have the ant build set up as
> indicated (if its not already), you should send out a similar email
> for [javaflow].

Cool, thanks!

cheers
--
Torsten

Re: [javaflow] Pushing new javaflow website

Posted by Kohsuke Kawaguchi <kk...@kohsuke.org>.
Aaa, I shall praise the mighty power of Maven...

Craig McClanahan wrote:
> On 10/20/05, Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 10/20/05, Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org> wrote:
>> <snip/>
>> >
>> > No idea ...guys?
>> >
>> <snap/>
>>
>> This email [1] may help. Once you have the ant build set up as
>> indicated (if its not already), you should send out a similar email
>> for [javaflow].
>

> Regarding how to set up an appropriate Ant build.xml file ... the simplest
> way is to ask Maven to create one for you:
>
> maven ant
>
> and then check it in. Unless there's something pretty strange about your
> project setup, this Ant script will have equivalent functionality, such that
> "ant clean dist" (which is what my nightly build scripts need in order to
> operate) will result in a "dist" subdirectory containing the contents that
> you want packaged in a binary release.
>
> Craig
>
> -Rahul
>>
>> [1]
>> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=jakarta-commons-dev&m=112673819208106&w=2

Kohsuke Kawaguchi

Re: [javaflow] Pushing new javaflow website

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On 10/20/05, Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org> wrote:
<snip/>
> > I also noticed that some of the other commons-sandbox projects
> > (like commons-id [2]) are publishing nightly builds. I think it's
> > good if we can do the same --- do you know how we can set one up?
>
> No idea ...guys?

<snap/>

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org>.

> Torsten,
>
> I've updated some of the documents,

Great!

> and I'd like to push them to the website [1]. Would it be OK if I
> do that, or would you like to check things first?

Nah, no worries ...I will crosscheck later on

Just pushed out a new website.
Should be online within a few hours.