Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Mike Z <mz...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/14 18:55:22 UTC

Cancelling an order in Ecommerce

I'm testing my new store, when I decide to login as a user and cancel
an order (which is suppose to work).  The user sees this:

The Following Errors Occurred:
Error calling event: org.ofbiz.webapp.event.EventHandlerException:
Service invocation error (Could not commit transaction for service
[cancelOrderItem] call: Roll back error, could not commit transaction,
was rolled back instead because of: Error in simple-method [Auto
create OrderAdjustments
[file:/opt/ofbiz-9.04/applications/order/script/org/ofbiz/order/order/OrderServices.xml#recreateOrderAdjustments]]:
; [Security Error To Run Auto Create Order Adjustments])

Odd.  Looking further, I discover that a bug was submitted back in
OCT09, priority MAJOR, with a patch, and verified:

Why wasn't it fixed in 9.04 SVN?  I'm sorry, but as a brand new user,
the reason I chose 9.04 is because it is suppose to be the golden
build, patched as required, rock solid.  All new users are directed to
9.04.

The bug actually exposes my INTERNAL paths!

So I have to ask.  What else????

Re: Cancelling an order in Ecommerce

Posted by Mike Z <mz...@gmail.com>.
I understand that a bug like this may have underlying security issues,
so it would need a complete code review by the experts.  Hard to
believe that this hasn't received more attention, so maybe it isn't
important, or folks aren't testing their stores.  It was important
enough to Abdullah to fix, and I'm grateful he submitted a patch, but
I certainly can't make the call if it's a well coded solution.  For
some reason, allowing a user to cancel an order was added to the
default functionality of the ecommerce demo.  I think this is a good
feature, Amazon allows this, and I would enable it if it worked.

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by Matt Warnock <mw...@ridgecrestherbals.com>.
This response is a big step in the right direction.  There is an old
French proverb that "you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar".
As David said (his own highly ascerbic wit aside) there is a better way.

I think that everyone on this list needs to remember: 1) that learning
OFBiz is painful and frustrating, which can come out (even without
intending it) in new-user posts, and 2) that responding to perceived
offenses with more flames serves no useful purpose.

Postel's law applies to mailing lists, as well as programming:
Be liberal in what input you accept, and conservative in your output.

Just my thoughts.
--
Matt Warnock <mw...@ridgecrestherbals.com>
RidgeCrest Herbals, Inc.

Posted by Mike Z <mz...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David E Jones <de...@me.com>.

Posted by Mike Z <mz...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by David E Jones <de...@me.com>.
Just imagine how disappointed I have been to see this effect play out in reality! All that time invested in community building and... :)

-David

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Posted by David E Jones <de...@me.com>.

Posted by Mike Z <mz...@gmail.com>.