Posted to users@maven.apache.org by EJ Ciramella <ej...@upromise.com> on 2007/10/16 22:59:11 UTC

Activating a profile from another profile

Is there an easy way to put a profile in a parent pom and then activate
that from a child profile?

Re: Activating a profile from another profile

Posted by cbrown <ch...@sensis.com>.
  I've struggled with profiles over the last week. It seems if you have
the <parent/> configuration in your child pom, it inherits the profiles
of the parent implicitely.  See following for details.

http://maven.apache.org/pom.html#Inheritance
http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-profiles.html

  Although, it reads as if not all items in a profile might be
inherited.  I was only interested in the child inheriting properties set
and activated in a parent's profile.

  Also, I found the output of 'mvn help:active-profiles' less than
helpful in understanding what was really going on.  Eventually, I trial
and errored by way through it.