Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Tim Williams <wi...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/18 01:33:11 UTC

State of dispatcher?

Looking at our issues for 0.9 and attempting to answer recent question
about dispatcher got me poking around a bit more and trying to learn
where we're at.  It's highlighted two questions:

1) Do we see dispatcher being in the 0.9 release or not (i.e. FOR-796)?

2) Where exactly is the dispatcher?  There is dispatcher in the
whiteboard/plugins and a branch that appears to still be somewhat
active after a long period of time.   If it is still an active branch,
whether it makes it out of the whiteboard for release or not, it needs
to be merged with trunk soon I think.

Thoughts?
--tim

RE: State of dispatcher?

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es>.
On Mon, 2009-11-23 at 15:18 +0100, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-11-23 at 19:15 +1000, Gavin wrote:
> > > I will try a dry-run merge now and see what is coming out.
> >
> > Ah, this would be good, thanks Thorsten.
> >
> > To be honest I lost track of where I was supposed to be working when doing
> > dispatcher stuff, so continued with
> >
> > /trunk/whiteboard/plugins/*dispatcher
> > /trunk/whiteboard/plugins/*themes
> >
> > It would be good to have all this stuff merged, then we can look at the
> > state of the merger and decide if it can go into the release.
>
> The following release have been done in the trunk against the dispatcher
> after the creation of the branch:

I mean revisions!

> 733422
> 734387
> 734405
> 734546
> 734605
> 773472
> 795708
> 816460
> 816466
>
> The above committs have to be re-done by hand after the merge, or?
>
> I did:
> cd forrest/trunk/whiteboard
> svn merge -r 700363:HEAD
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/forrest/branches/dispatcher_rewrite
>
> I will try to merge the above revision with the trunk.

...with the merged trunk.

salu2

RE: State of dispatcher?

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es>.

RE: State of dispatcher?

Posted by Gavin <ga...@16degrees.com.au>.

Re: State of dispatcher?

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es>.

Re: State of dispatcher?

Posted by Tim Williams <wi...@gmail.com>.

Re: State of dispatcher?

Posted by Brian M Dube <bd...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 4:33 PM, Tim Williams <wi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Looking at our issues for 0.9 and attempting to answer recent question
> about dispatcher got me poking around a bit more and trying to learn
> where we're at.  It's highlighted two questions:
>
> 1) Do we see dispatcher being in the 0.9 release or not (i.e. FOR-796)?
>
> 2) Where exactly is the dispatcher?  There is dispatcher in the
> whiteboard/plugins and a branch that appears to still be somewhat
> active after a long period of time.   If it is still an active branch,
> whether it makes it out of the whiteboard for release or not, it needs
> to be merged with trunk soon I think.

Is the recent activity in the branch more than cleanup that may have
been found by a script? That's what my cursory look made me think of.

Brian