Posted to log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org by "Labour, Matthieu (MLPRO SF)" <ma...@ml.com> on 2005/07/01 15:56:04 UTC

IMPLEMENT_LOG4CXX_OBJECT

Hi,

I needed to develop my own appender (let's call it MyOwnAppender) and
did it in a separate static library.

I want to use the XML configuration file to instantiate MyOwnAppender.

The problem is that the macro IMPLEMENT_LOG4CXX_OBJECT(MyOwnAppender)
never gets called.

How can I force it to be called so that Log4cxx registers MyOwnAppender

I use Log4cxx.0.9.7 on Windows XP

Thank you for any help

Regards

Matthieu

If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, please notify the sender, delete it and do not read, act upon, print, disclose, copy, retain or redistribute it. Click here for important additional terms relating to this e-mail.     http://www.ml.com/email_terms/

Re: RE : IMPLEMENT_LOG4CXX_OBJECT

Posted by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org>.
On Jul 1, 2005, at 9:17 AM, Alexandre Gacon wrote:

> In my test for developping my own appender (which is also in a
> separate static library), the macro IMPLEMENT_LOG4CXX_OBJECT
> (MyOwnAppender)
> is called but it makes my application crash.
>
> Alexandre Gacon

log4cxx-0.9.7 has known problems due to its extensive use of non-
local static variables that results in that type of failure and can't
be effectively worked around.  You will be much better off working
off the CVS HEAD.

RE : IMPLEMENT_LOG4CXX_OBJECT

  _____

or redistribute it. Click here  <http://www.ml.com/email_terms/> for