Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Vijay <vi...@bigtec.org> on 2002/09/05 17:30:16 UTC

my own login class - problems

Hi All

I'm trying to eliminate the default LoginUser action in turbine, and have a
login functionality of my own.  I am doing the following steps:

     updating tr.props such that action.login = Login
     updating Login.vm such that $link.setAction("Login") will submit
     to my login class

I've confirmed Login(my login class) executes, so I think I have the vm
files and at
least the action.login property set correctly.  But upon proper
authentication
I wish to set the next page to my Index page and for that I am using the
following piece of code

   Criteria crit = new Criteria();
   crit.add(UserMasterPeer.USR_ID,username);
   crit.add(UserMasterPeer.USR_PWD,password);
   Vector vec = UserMasterPeer.doSelect(crit);
   if(vec.size()>0)
   {
        System.out.println("Setting Index screen - login success");

data.setScreenTemplate(TurbineResources.getString("template.homepage"));
     }
   else
   {
        System.out.println("Setting login screen due to error ");
        data.setScreen(TurbineResources.getString("screen.login"));
    }

In the tr.props, the "template.homepage" is set to /Index.vm.  my screens
reside in
/template/app/screens and the class files in the
org/bigtec/lotus/modules/screens

But upon running the application I get the following error

 Requested Screen not found: /Index.vm
 Turbine looked in the following modules.packages path:
 [org.bigtec.lotus.modules, org.apache.turbine.flux.modules,
org.apache.turbine.modules]

Can somebody please suggest me as to what do I do to eliminate this error
and get my application up and running.

Vijay Kumar Chintala
Member Technical