Posted to user@pivot.apache.org by Bill van Melle <bi...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/12 04:37:10 UTC

File upload per rfc 1867?

I want to be able to upload a file to my server.  I followed the
instructions in a thread from last year (
http://apache-pivot-users.399431.n3.nabble.com/How-to-post-file-by-pivot-tp881253p887553.html),
but found to my chagrin that this doesn't post in the standard html forms
way (using Content-Type = multipart/form-data), but rather posts just a
single element.  Is there any support in Pivot for the RFC 1867 way (
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1867), or am I going to have to roll my own?

AW: File upload per rfc 1867?

Posted by Thomas Guretzki <Th...@tik.info>.
Hi Bill,

you might want to take a look at the client part of the jersey libraries (core+client jars)
at http://jersey.java.net/   .
Not too exceedingly documented, but very sophisticated for every kind of HTTP-based
communication (server side too).

Cheers

Thomas

There is no built-in support in Pivot for HTML form POSTs. You might be able to build such support on top of the PostQuery class - OTOH, there's probably at least one existing Java library that supports this. I think I'd probably look into that before I tried to write my own.

Re: File upload per rfc 1867?

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@verizon.net>.