Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by ohaya <oh...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2022/07/18 23:33:54 UTC

Is it possible to set the HTTP request name dynamically from a CSV file?

In my test plan I use a CSV Data Set Config and then I have an http request step NAME that is sending out a body that is from the CSV Data Set Config.

However, I would like to have the HTTP request NAME set from the CSV Data Set Config.

IN other words, suppose my CSV file (which is set with Delimiter @) looks like:

<request>....</request>@test type A
<request>....</request>@test type B
etc.

I would like the tests in the Test Results show "test type A" when that test is run and then "test type B".

I tried setting the http name to ${requestType} but it is showing the literal ${requestType} instead the var value.

Thanks,
Jim

Re: Is it possible to set the HTTP request name dynamically from a CSV file?