Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Dr. Michael Lipp" <Mi...@danet.de> on 2005/06/14 16:49:24 UTC

J2 - Jetspeed/JBoss security module

Hello,

I have integrated Jetspeed2 with an application. The integration
included bundling Jetspeed2 in an EAR and deploying only this EAR
(single step install). Besides the Jetspeed2 portal and portlets, the
EAR also includes independend (from Jetspeed2) WARs and EJBs that rely
on the Jetspeed2 user/group/role management for authentication and
authorization (using JBossLoginModule).

Doing this, the issue of a Jetspeed2 portal independent security module
has come up. The issue is described in detail in
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JS2-297.

Could someone from the Jetspeed2 design team please comment on this
issue? It is crucial for our plan to use Jetspeed2 as portal component
for our application. I have succeeded in getting things running with
some patches and repacking based on 2.0-M3. This is OK for a start. But
if the issue of keeping Jetspeed2 deployable as module in an EAR and
using it as security provider for all modules is not recognized as a
feature to be supported in future Jetspeed2 development, then we cannot
base our application development on Jetspeed2. Simply because we may
find our appliction to be no longer runnable one day, as Jetspeed2
development proceeds.

Regards,

    Michael

Re: J2 - Jetspeed/JBoss security module

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Dr. Michael Lipp wrote:
> David Sean Taylor wrote:
>
>>>Could someone from the Jetspeed2 design team please comment on this
>>>issue?
>>
>>This subject is better discussed on Jetspeed-dev list.
>>And I already did comment, go to the JIRA issue to see:
>>
>>http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JS2-297
>

> Thanks for the prompt response. And sorry for sending this message
> twice, but obviously this mailing-list does not forward to the original
> sender, right? I got neither of my messages "back".

The messages are not specifically forwarded back to the original sender.

However, since you are subscribed to the list, you will should be
receiving the message.

Now JIRA issues that you created or that are assigned to you will
forward a specfic message to you when someone comments or changes the
status on that issue

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software