Posted to olio-user@incubator.apache.org by hao zhang <ju...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/31 05:21:50 UTC

Olio java Broken pipe to database

Hi,
I am using Olio java with glassfish 3.0 and configure my database
my.cfg following the values with Olio java distribution. However, I
encounter a problem of Broken pipe when the workloads are addevent or
addPerson. I set the <threadstart> to 100. This problem happens
randomly (>50%) when a benchmark test begins. And then I have to
manually restart the glassfish server to solve the issue. Could anyone
help on this? Thanks.

The error log is
<logger>com.sun.faban.driver.engine.TimeThread.13</logger>
  <level>WARNING</level>
  <class>com.sun.faban.driver.engine.AgentThread</class>
  <method>logError</method>
  <thread>34</thread>
  <message>UIDriverAgent[0].13.doAddPerson: Broken pipe</message>
  <exception>
    <message>java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe</message>
    <frame>
      <class>java.net.SocketOutputStream</class>
      <method>socketWrite0</method>
    </frame>
    <frame>
      <class>java.net.SocketOutputStream</class>
      <method>socketWrite</method>
      <line>92</line>
    </frame>
    <frame>
      <class>java.net.SocketOutputStream</class>
      <method>write</method>
      <line>136</line>
    </frame>
    <frame>
      <class>com.sun.faban.driver.transport.util.TimedOutputStream</class>

- Hao

Re: Olio java Broken pipe to database

Posted by Amanda Waite <am...@gmail.com>.
Hao,

Are there any messages in the Glassfish server.log? In fact, best to stop
the server, truncate the log, restart the server and wait until the problem
occurs and then post the log file here ( or a link if it's too large).

Thanks

Mandy