Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Arthur Nogueira Neves <ar...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/29 06:30:17 UTC

Read struts.xml out of classpath

Hi,

One guy into user list complain about this isnt working.

 <filter>
    <filter-name>struts2</filter-name>
    <filter-class>org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.FilterDispatcher</filter-class>
    <init-param>
            <param-name>config</param-name>
            <param-value>/WEB-INF/struts.xml</param-value>
      </init-param>
  </filter>
  <filter-mapping>
    <filter-name>struts2</filter-name>
    <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
  </filter-mapping>

Than I find out It is impossible to do, because struts2 just read struts.xml into classpath folder.
I`m correct? Because if it is even impossible to do, I can create a path to attend this issue. What do you think?

Regards

Arthur Nogueira Neves

Re: Read struts.xml out of classpath

Posted by Chris Pratt <th...@gmail.com>.
Is there a valid reason NOT to put the struts.xml file on the classpath?
  (*Chris*)