Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by Megan Wilhite <mw...@ocm.utah.edu> on 2012/06/12 18:40:14 UTC

automatic restart of traffic service

I am using Fedora 16 for my apache traffic server install. I start
traffic server with the following command : sudo ./trafficserver start.
Everything is working correctly except for when I restart the machine I
have to manually restart the service. Is there any way to make sure the
trafficserver starts every time the machine restarts?

-Megan

Re: automatic restart of traffic service

Posted by Jan-Frode Myklebust <ja...@tanso.net>.
On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 10:40:14AM -0600, Megan Wilhite wrote:
> I am using Fedora 16 for my apache traffic server install. I start
> traffic server with the following command : sudo ./trafficserver start.
> Everything is working correctly except for when I restart the machine I
> have to manually restart the service. Is there any way to make sure the
> trafficserver starts every time the machine restarts?

If you use the trafficserver packaged in fedora (sudo yum install
trafficserver), you should start it with "sudo service trafficserver
start", and enable it to automatically start at boot with "sudo
chkconfig trafficserver on".

  -jf