Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Martin Schröder <ma...@oneiros.de> on 2008/10/27 12:18:44 UTC

externals and date?

Hi,
how do I enter a date with svn:externals? All my trials (e.g.
-r{2008-10-27}) get rejected. :-(

TIA
  Martin

Re: externals and date?

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>.
Benjamin Smith-Mannschott wrote on Mon, 27 Oct 2008 at 18:40 +0100:

> On Oct 27, 2008, at 13:18, Martin Schröder wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > how do I enter a date with svn:externals? All my trials (e.g.
> > -r{2008-10-27}) get rejected. :-(
>
> I don't think using a date to peg an svn:external is intended to work [1].

See r33412.  It will be in 1.6.

Daniel

Re: externals and date?

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 13:40, Benjamin Smith-Mannschott
<bs...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Oct 27, 2008, at 13:18, Martin Schröder wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> how do I enter a date with svn:externals? All my trials (e.g.
>> -r{2008-10-27}) get rejected. :-(
>
> I don't think using a date to peg an svn:external is intended to work [1].
>  What would you expect such a date to mean? If there are multiple commits on
> that day, which one should subversion pick?  Doesn't this ambiguity bother
> you?

I had the exact same thought, but as I read the output of svn help
propset, I think you'd get the revision which existed at the beginning
of that date, similar to how svn log -r{DATE} works.

Re: externals and date?

Posted by Benjamin Smith-Mannschott <bs...@gmail.com>.
On Oct 27, 2008, at 13:18, Martin Schröder wrote:

> Hi,
> how do I enter a date with svn:externals? All my trials (e.g.
> -r{2008-10-27}) get rejected. :-(

I don't think using a date to peg an svn:external is intended to work
[1].  What would you expect such a date to mean? If there are multiple