Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/22 22:46:20 UTC

Re: eclipse plugin, resolve dependencies to the projects in the workspace

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 1:09 AM, Eugeny N Dzhurinsky <bo...@redwerk.com> wrote:
> Hello, everybody!
>
> I have the project A, which depends on the project B, both of the projects are
> located in the same workspace.
>
> When generating the eclipse project files for the project A, the project B
> reference is being taken from the repository as a JAR file.
>
> What I want is to include the project B as a project reference for the project
> A, so when the project A is opened in the Eclipse, the project B is opened as
> well as a dependency, and all changes in the project B are reflected in the
> project A (for example, if some interface contract was changed in the project
> B, the corresponding files in the project A will contain errors, or changes in
> the project A with refactoring will be merged to the project B as well).
>
> I found there is the property "workspace" described in
> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-eclipse-plugin/eclipse-mojo.html#workspace,
> however neither using it as mvn eclipse:eclipse -Dworkspace=/home/user/workspace,
> nor specifying it in the plugin configuration did not give the desired
> results, and the project B is still referenced as a JAR file in the local
> repository.
>
> Do I miss something?
>
> Thank you!
>
> --
> Eugene N Dzhurinsky

yes, from the command line you use "Expression" not the configuration
valeue, so use "eclipse.workspace"
as in

mvn eclipse:eclipse -Declipse.workspace=/home/user/workspace

Re: eclipse plugin, resolve dependencies to the projects in the workspace

Posted by Eugeny N Dzhurinsky <bo...@redwerk.com>.
On Mon, Oct 06, 2008 at 04:51:55PM +0300, Eugeny N Dzhurinsky wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 06:16:20AM +0930, Barrie Treloar wrote:
> > yes, from the command line you use "Expression" not the configuration
> > valeue, so use "eclipse.workspace"
> > as in
> >
> > mvn eclipse:eclipse -Declipse.workspace=/home/user/workspace
>
> This doesn't work either - a JAR dependency is being added instead of the
> project. Is there any way to see what is wrong?

Sorry, my bad. I've got the source for maven eclipse plugin and realized if I
specify the workspace path as ~/workspace - it doesn't find any files there.
I wrote the test case for Java and found the listFiles method returns null if
the directory is specified with ~ in front instead of the full path. Awesome )

--
Eugene N Dzhurinsky

Re: eclipse plugin, resolve dependencies to the projects in the workspace

Posted by Eugeny N Dzhurinsky <bo...@redwerk.com>.