Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Chris Neal <cw...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/14 17:24:25 UTC

Partitions reassignment failed due to Partition reassignment currently in progress for Map()

Hi All,

I am running:  kafka_2.10-0.8.1.1, and when I run the
reassign-partitions.sh script, I get this:

Partitions reassignment failed due to Partition reassignment currently in
progress for Map(). Aborting operation
kafka.common.AdminCommandFailedException: Partition reassignment currently
in progress for Map(). Aborting operation
at
kafka.admin.ReassignPartitionsCommand.reassignPartitions(ReassignPartitionsCommand.scala:204)
at
kafka.admin.ReassignPartitionsCommand$.executeAssignment(ReassignPartitionsCommand.scala:124)
at
kafka.admin.ReassignPartitionsCommand$.main(ReassignPartitionsCommand.scala:49)
at
kafka.admin.ReassignPartitionsCommand.main(ReassignPartitionsCommand.scala)

I'm running it as:
/opt/kafka/kafka/bin/kafka-reassign-partitions.sh --zookeeper $ZOOKEEPER
--reassignment-json-file ./$1.json --execute

and my json file looks like:
{"version":1,
"partitions":[
{"topic":"perf_mytopic_raw", "partition":0,"replicas":[0,1]},
{"topic":"perf_mytopic_raw","partition":1,"replicas":[0,1]}]}

The empty Map() looks suspicious, and I found another post from about a
year ago where it was thought that this might be a bug?  I looked through
JIRA and didn't see anything that looked like this issue was created or
fixed, so I wanted to ask again about it.

Any ideas why this might be failing?  There is definitely not another
reassignment in progress. :)

Thanks very much for your time.
Chris

Re: Partitions reassignment failed due to Partition reassignment currently in progress for Map()

Posted by Chris Neal <cw...@gmail.com>.
Perfect.  Thank you very much!

Chris

Posted by Clark Haskins <cl...@kafka.guru>.