Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/04 11:01:53 UTC

Auto-testing and deploying the NMS and CMS distros (was Re: Extra Spaces in Text Messages received through OpenWire.NET

On 8/3/06, Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to get automated builds of this going?  That way we
> could publish nightly snapshots of the DLL.

I'd love to auto-deploy snapshots of both NMS and CMS!

We've got an m2 build just about for both. On the NMS side of things,
I"m not sure whats happening with the maven-csharp plugin (have just
mailed Chris) - am not sure where the repo is for it but it looks like
it should work hopefully. If we can't get the csharp plugin working we
could maybe hack it by executing 'nant' ourselves from inside the pom
then using the assembly plugin to deploy it.

CMS looks a little easier - we should be able to get that going soon
as on Linux at least the m2 plugin for C++ works great - we just need
to work on the poms a bit so that they work inside Continuum so we can
do continuous integration builds together with nightly builds that can
deploy themselves to the repo.

e.g. 'mvn deploy' doesn't work right now for CMS due to missing
<distributionManagement> - plus when I try add it to Continuum it
complains of a missing <scm> tag for the Unix project.
--

James
-------

Re: Auto-testing and deploying the NMS and CMS distros (was Re: Extra Spaces in Text Messages received through OpenWire.NET

Posted by Nathan Mittler <na...@gmail.com>.
For CMS how should we go about making builds for various platforms?  It
seems like we would want a build for linux, OSX, SPARC Solaris, and
windows.  From the maven standpoint, I suppose we could have artifact names
that include the OS in them (e.g. activemq-cpp-linux-0.0.1.so).  I don't
know very much about our build environment - do we have the machines
available to automatically build for each platform?