Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by John Gentilin <jo...@eyecatching.com> on 2001/03/07 03:02:39 UTC

Speed effects of imported Stylesheets ??

Besides the load time to fetch the actual data, will importing
other Stylesheets cause a major performance penalty ??

I have a Style sheet where I import several smaller functions,
basically server side includes. I perform a xsl:call-template
to invoke their function. This way, I can replace the function
file to make global functions. I am noticing now that the
transformation is taking several seconds now and I was
looking to see if anyone had any speed issues related to
xsl::import before I start to rip my Stylesheets apart.

TIA
John G