Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/06 17:37:26 UTC

[Fortress] Code smell...

Hi Shawn,

there is one method in CommandLineInterpreter, printPermission, which
contains a line of code that I found fishy :

                LOG.info(type + "   KEY" + ++ctr + " [" + key + "]");

Note the ++ctr here.

That means if we remove the LOG, the ctr counter will not be incremented.

Do you agree that we should move the ++ctr out of this LOG statement ?

Thanks !

Re: [Fortress] Code smell...

Posted by Shawn McKinney <mc...@att.net>.
That method logs the contents of a permission (within a collection) so disabling the info logger renders all output invisible which makes the counter useless anyway.  I am fine with moving it outside of the log statement though.