Posted to dev@ws.apache.org by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/07 21:54:27 UTC

Axiom 1.2.13 [Was: Axis2 1.6.2 release plan]

Axiom currently builds a patched version of the maven-shade-plugin to
work around MSHADE-105. If we release Axiom, then we also release that
patched version into Maven central (of course with a different
groupId/artifactId). Looking at the recent discussion between SOLR and
Commons CSV, this may become a political issue, although the problem
is slightly different here because in the case of a patched version of
a Maven plugin, there is no possibility for an accidental conflict.

Fortunately, we have a maintainer of the maven-shade-plugin in the PMC.

Benson, can we please get your opinion on that question?

Andreas

Re: Axiom 1.2.13 [Was: Axis2 1.6.2 release plan]

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Tuesday, March 13, 2012 10:35:25 PM Andreas Veithen wrote:
> I've removed the patched shade plugin and Axiom now uses 1.6-SNAPSHOT.
> What are the plans for the maven-shade-plugin release?
>
> Thanks for you collaboration.

Olivier is going through the other shade JIRA issues to see if anything else
should/could be included and will try to get  a release built/staged later
this week.

Dan

> Andreas
>
> On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 21:56, Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Patch applied.
> > Do you have any sample project to reproduce the issue ? (in order to
> > add an integration test).
> >
> > Thanks

> >> Actually, we have two.  :-)    Many of the early versions of shade were
> >> driven by me.

> >> And there is a third option:   I've asked Olivier to run through the
> >> JIRA's and such early next week and start a release of the plugin.
> >>  Thus, if Benson or I don't get to it, he can handle it.
> >>

> >> Dan

> >> --
> >> Daniel Kulp
> >> dkulp@apache.org - http://dankulp.com/blog
> >> Talend Community Coder - http://coders.talend.com
> >
> > --
> > Olivier Lamy
> > Talend: http://coders.talend.com
> > http://twitter.com/olamy | http://linkedin.com/in/olamy

Daniel Kulp

Re: Axiom 1.2.13 [Was: Axis2 1.6.2 release plan]

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Hello,

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.