Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by chandra shekhar <ch...@hotmail.com> on 2016/03/23 06:51:26 UTC

Re: CXF JAXRS Client : HttpAsyncClient and KeepAlive

Hi Sergey, I set CONNECTION_TTL but I do not see any affect. I see that
connection always close in a minute which I see is receiveTimeout default
value.

Any suggestions here.

Re: CXF JAXRS Client : HttpAsyncClient and KeepAlive

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andrei

Many thanks, perhaps a combination of properties needs to be set,

http://cxf.apache.org/docs/asynchronous-client-http-transport.html

suggests CONNECTION_TTL is related to keeping the connection alive, but
there's also a KEEP_ALIVE property. There must be some recommendations
on HTTP client forums for it...

Cheers, Sergey

--
Sergey Beryozkin

Talend Community Coders
http://coders.talend.com/

RE: CXF JAXRS Client : HttpAsyncClient and KeepAlive

Posted by Andrei Shakirin <as...@talend.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi

> [...]

> */
> 		//ogger.debug("Receive Timout is : " + clientPolicy.getReceiveTimeout());
>
> 		ClientProxyFactoryBean bean = new ClientProxyFactoryBean();
> 		//bean.setBus(bus);
> 		bean.setAddress("http://localhost:8123/testService");
> 		bean.setServiceClass(GreeterService.class);
> 		GreeterService service = (GreeterService) bean.create();
> 		AsyncHTTPConduit conduit = (AsyncHTTPConduit)
> ClientProxy.getClient(service).getConduit();
> 		//conduit.setClient(clientPolicy);
>
> 		service.sayHello(5);
> 		//Thread.sleep(5000);
> 	}
> }
>
> CONNECTION_TTL seems to be related to Http Keep-Alive, while ReceiveTimeout
> with Sockets.
>
> So, with the above test case, i would expect that the Http connection should

Sergey Beryozkin

Talend Community Coders
http://coders.talend.com/

Re: CXF JAXRS Client : HttpAsyncClient and KeepAlive

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi

To be honest I'm not sure about this property either, but if setting a
receiveTimeout (which is consistent across all the conduits) works then
why not do it ?

Sergey
On 14/04/16 17:44, chandra shekhar wrote:
> Hi Sergey,
>
> Thanks, yes no doubt setReceiveTimeout(10000000L) works.
>
> I am keen about TTL:
>
>   b.setProperty(AsyncHTTPConduitFactory.CONNECTION_TTL, "50000");
>
> How does this behave ? and when it should be used.
> The receiveTimeout property itself name describes if response is not there
> within time duration than break connection.
>
> But I was thinking that  AsyncHTTPConduitFactory.CONNECTION_TTL property
> might keep the connection live, but always receiveTimeout is given
> preference(by default it is 60 sec, so if not specified connection breaks in
> a minute)
>
> Not sure  when to use AsyncHTTPConduitFactory.CONNECTION_TTL ?
>
> Regards,
> Chandra Shekhar

Sergey Beryozkin

Talend Community Coders
http://coders.talend.com/

Re: CXF JAXRS Client : HttpAsyncClient and KeepAlive

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
I've updated the JAXRS test, JAXRSAsyncClientTest:

@Test
     public void testPatchBook() throws Exception {
         String address = "http://localhost:" + PORT + "/bookstore/patch";
         WebClient wc = WebClient.create(address);
         wc.type("application/xml");

WebClient.getConfig(wc).getRequestContext().put("use.async.http.conduit", true);

WebClient.getConfig(wc).getHttpConduit().getClient().setReceiveTimeout(10000000L);
         Book book = wc.invoke("PATCH", new Book("Patch", 123L),
Book.class);
         assertEquals("Patch", book.getName());
         wc.close();
     }

and after putting a breakpoint in BookStore patchBook method I see it
staying on the breakpoint without timing out...

Cheers, Sergey
On 12/04/16 14:01, Sergey Beryozkin wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've only opened an issue to make sure this issue is being tracked

> Cheers, Sergey
> On 12/04/16 13:50, chandra shekhar wrote:
>> Hi Sergey,
>>
>> Sorry to bother you.
>> Did you find something ?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Chandra Shekhar
>>

>> --

Sergey Beryozkin

Talend Community Coders
http://coders.talend.com/

Re: CXF JAXRS Client : HttpAsyncClient and KeepAlive

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi

I've only opened an issue to make sure this issue is being tracked

Cheers, Sergey
On 12/04/16 13:50, chandra shekhar wrote:
> Hi Sergey,
>
> Sorry to bother you.
> Did you find something ?
>
> Regards,
> Chandra Shekhar

Sergey Beryozkin

Talend Community Coders
http://coders.talend.com/

Re: CXF JAXRS Client : HttpAsyncClient and KeepAlive

Posted by chandra shekhar <ch...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Sergey,

Sorry to bother you.
Did you find something ?

Regards,
Chandra Shekhar

Re: CXF JAXRS Client : HttpAsyncClient and KeepAlive

Posted by chandra shekhar <ch...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks Sergey for prompt response.

I am testing with
https://github.com/apache/cxf/blob/master/rt/transports/http-hc/src/test/java/org/apache/cxf/transport/http/asyncclient/AsyncHTTPConduitTest.java.

I set following in already existing start method.
#alreadythere in testcase
Bus b = createStaticBus();
 b.setProperty(AsyncHTTPConduit.USE_ASYNC,
AsyncHTTPConduitFactory.UseAsyncPolicy.ALWAYS);
# I included following.
 b.setProperty(AsyncHTTPConduitFactory.CONNECTION_TTL, "50000");

I am testing with both testCall and testCallAsync method. For both I am not
able to find any change.

Or I believe my understanding is not correct.

Please suggest.

Regards,
Chandra Shekhar

Re: CXF JAXRS Client : HttpAsyncClient and KeepAlive

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Well, I suppose you set as per the documentation.
I'm not sure why it has no effect with HttpAsyncClient, I'll experiment a
bit later

Sergey

Re: CXF JAXRS Client : HttpAsyncClient and KeepAlive

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi

How do you set it ?

Cheers, Sergey
On 23/03/16 08:51, chandra shekhar wrote:
> Hi Sergey, I set CONNECTION_TTL but I do not see any affect. I see that
> connection always close in a minute which I see is receiveTimeout default
> value.
>
> Any suggestions here.

Sergey Beryozkin

Talend Community Coders