Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Global Point Solutions <gp...@comcast.net> on 2003/04/29 06:45:08 UTC

[users@httpd] Newbie Needs Help

I'm currently running Apache 2.0.45 on Win2k pro and everything is installed properly. However, I'm unable to get display a web page or even get to the default page once the server is running; Here's how I'm configed:
ServerRoot "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2"
Listen 80
ServerAdmin admin@fsi1.net
ServerName 192.168.1.105:80
DocumentRoot "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs"
<Directory "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs">
NameVirtualHost *
<VirtualHost 192.168.1.105:80>
    ServerAdmin webmaster@dummy-host.example.com
    DocumentRoot "C:Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs/MyWebs1
    ServerName www.fsi1.net
    ErrorLog logs/fsi1.net-error_log
    CustomLog logs/fsi1.net-access_log common
</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost 192.168.1.105:80>
    ServerAdmin webmaster@gps1.us
    DocumentRoot "C:Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs/MyWebs2
    ServerName www.gps1.us
    ErrorLog logs/gps1.us-error_log
    CustomLog logs/gps1.us-access_log common
</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost 192.168.1.105:80>
    ServerAdmin webmaster@gps1.us
    DocumentRoot "C:Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs/MyWebs3
    ServerName www.newboardtmbc.org
    ErrorLog logs/newboardtmbc.org-error_log
    CustomLog logs/newboardtmbc.org-access_log common
</VirtualHost>

Please show me what I did wrong or what I need to do that I didn't do. I truly appreciate all you can do for me.

CaseyR

Re: [users@httpd] Newbie Needs Help

Posted by Thomas Strike <st...@pacbell.net>.
One of your problems is that your NameVirtualHost declaration has to match the <VirtualHost> container declarations that you want to service that IP:port.  You have NameVirtualHost * and <VirtualHost 192.168.1.105:80>. Try changing one or the other so they both match.

Best of luck,
Tom S.

Posted by Global Point Solutions <gp...@comcast.net>.
This page cannot be displayed??

Posted by Jeff Cohen <su...@gej-it.com>.

Posted by Global Point Solutions <gp...@comcast.net>.

[users@httpd] Questions about logs and my firewall

Posted by Kyle Hamilton <wi...@sbcglobal.net>.
Hey out there I got a question for everyone
My Name is Kyle and a few months ago I started a web hosting comapny *im not
quite out of high school* and I had some log questiosn with apache and my
firewall if you can please help me that would make my life so much easyer
between work and school and finals and dateing and linux and and and
and...... so you get the picture I have added some logs that consern me
please try to explain them to me so I can learn as much as I can
Thank you for Reading this and putting up with me
-Kyle

what does this mean?

RE: [users@httpd] Newbie Needs Help

Posted by Jeff Cohen <su...@gej-it.com>.