Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Ketan Patel <pk...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/28 13:28:46 UTC

export & migration of Roller from V4.0

Hi,
I am new to the system and just started reading about Roller recently.
I have been tasked to export all entries of current blog into a XMl
friendly way so if in-case when we refresh the server and the setup
does not work than we can import the data into some other platform. I
am running the system on Roller Weblogger  Version 4.0 apache and
mysql on mac server.

What options do I have in exporting the data also backing up for
future restore. Does Roller 4.0 allow to export data as RSS or XML.. I
would also at teh same time take oprrutunity to update the system to
latest ROller version and also to latest mysql version too.

--
Ketan Patel
410-499-7475

This message contains information which may be confidential and
privileged. Unless you are the addressee (or authorized to receive for
the addressee), you may not use, copy or disclose to anyone the
message or any information contained in the message. If you have
received the message in error, please advise the sender by reply
e-mail pketans@gmail.com and delete the message.
Thank you very much.

RE: export & migration of Roller from V4.0

Posted by "Taylor, Linda" <Li...@USPTO.GOV>.
Ketan,

You could just backup the database. I'm looking at adding threaded comments to Roller. I was able to use a MySql backup from a blog in production (unix) to load into my development environment (windows). Just make sure you also backup any configuration files and custom templates.

Linda Taylor
USPTO/OCIO/AED/SD
600 Dulany Street
MDW-06D18
Alexandria, VA 22314

572-272-5720

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
Roller 4 does not have a comprehensive import/export facility.

To save your Roller data:
- Use 'msqldump' to get a complete copy of your Roller database
- Use your operating system's copy command to copy the uploaded files dir

To restore:
- Use MySQL (the 'run' command I think) to import the database dump
- Use copy to copy your files into place, set the right directory in
roller-custom.properies

Hope that helps,
- Dave