Posted to dev@druid.apache.org by Jonathan Wei <jo...@apache.org> on 2019/03/16 01:25:52 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Druid (incubating) 0.14.0 [RC1]

Hi all,

I have created a build for Apache Druid (incubating) 0.14.0, release
candidate 1.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this release! You can read the
proposed release notes here:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-druid/issues/7126

The release candidate has been tagged in GitHub as
druid-0.14.0-incubating-rc1 (88ef108), available here:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-druid/releases/tag/druid-0.14.0-incubating-rc1

The artifacts to be voted on are located here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/druid/0.14.0-incubating-rc1/

https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/jonwei.asc. This key and the key
of other committers can also be found in the project's KEYS file here:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/druid/KEYS

(If you are a committer, please feel free to add your own key to that file
by following the instructions in the file's header.)

Please review the proposed artifacts and vote. Please note that Apache has
specific
requirements that must be met before +1 binding votes can be cast by PMC
members. Please refer to the policy at
http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#policy for more details.

As part of the validation process, the release artifacts can be generated
from source by running: mvn clean install -Papache-release -Dtar

This vote will be open for at least 72 hours but likely more, in following
the Druid community's practice of deploying the RC to larger clusters and
allowing it to soak for a period of time to flush out any remaining issues.
The vote will pass if a majority of at least three +1 PMC votes are cast.

Once the vote has passed, the second stage vote will be called on the
Apache Incubator mailing list to get approval from the Incubator PMC.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Druid (incubating) 0.14.0
[ ]  0 I don't feel strongly about it, but I'm okay with the release

Thanks!

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Druid (incubating) 0.14.0 [RC1]

Posted by Jihoon Son <ji...@apache.org>.
-1. I just found a bug (
https://github.com/apache/incubator-druid/issues/7286) which looks to be
fixed before release.

Jihoon

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.

I recommend that you obsolete https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/druid/KEYS <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/druid/KEYS>. Keys must live in https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/druid/KEYS <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/druid/KEYS>, and it is error-prone to have them in two locations. I wasted some time because I imported from the latter.

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
My bad. I was looking apache-druid-0.13.0-incubating-rc1 when I should have been looking at 0.14.0-incubating-rc1.

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
Jonathan,

Posted by Jonathan Wei <jo...@apache.org>.
Hello,

Voting on this thread is now closed in favor of RC2. Please take a look at
the proposed RC2 artifacts and vote!

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/ce950b65f7936f44586fe8b2dd3241a38a40963b8da4efdaff78d009@%3Cdev.druid.apache.org%3E

Posted by Gian Merlino <gi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
Hey Don,

Your comments are most welcome, but I’d like to make a point of order. In Apache, vote threads are strictly business - voting +1 or -1 in the release, with reasons why. If you have something to discuss about the content of the release (or otherwise), it’s best to start a new thread. That way, the discussion doesn’t get in the way of the main business of the vote thread.

Julian

Posted by Don Bowman <do...@agilicus.com>.