Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Jörg Flotho <j....@allgaeu.net> on 2001/11/02 10:53:42 UTC

two different fo:page-sequence

Does anyone know how to use two fo:page-sequence?

One for odd pages and one for even pages.
They content different static-content for mirroring the page-number on the
outside of the page.

I would appreciate, if someone could help me.

Thanks Jörg

Re: two different fo:page-sequence

Posted by Corinna Hischke <co...@infix.de>.
Hi J�rg,

have a look at docs\examples\pagination\franklin-alt.fo.

This does exactly what you need.

- Corinna

Posted by "Christopher R. Maden" <cr...@maden.org>.
At 01:53 2-11-2001, Jörg Flotho wrote:
>Does anyone know how to use two fo:page-sequence?

Yes, but this question is probably better on one of the XSL-FO lists or the
XSL list, as it is not specific to FOP.

>One for odd pages and one for even pages.
>They content different static-content for mirroring the page-number on the
>outside of the page.

If I understand you correctly, the only difference between odd and even
pages is the position of the page numbers; the text flows from recto to
verso and back again (i.e., you're not doing any parallel multi-lingual
content or anything like that).

In that case, you don't want multiple page-sequences.  You want a single
page-sequence, with an alternating page-sequence-master.  If you're using
FOP, see docs/examples/pagination/franklin_alt.fo for an example.

~Chris
--
Christopher R. Maden, Principal Consultant, HMM Consulting Int'l, Inc.