Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Matsumoto Yasushi <mt...@gmail.com> on 2022/06/15 10:24:44 UTC

Printing using guacamole-common-js and guacamole-lite

Hello, I'm using guacamole-common-js on my frontend and guacamole-lite
on my backend.

I'm trying to download a file which is printed on guacamole RDP
connection's redirected printer. I would like to download said file to
a web browser.
I confirmed that the program catches a Guacamole.Client.onfile event
when a file is printed by the redirected printer.
Is it possible to download the file (to a web browser) which was
printed through RDP host's redirected printer, using Guacamole-lite
and Guacamole-common-js?
I have installed the ghost script, and I managed to download the file
to the web browser when using guacamole-client.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Regards,
Yasushi

Re: Printing using guacamole-common-js and guacamole-lite

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Jun 15, 2022 at 6:25 AM Matsumoto Yasushi <mt...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello, I'm using guacamole-common-js on my frontend and guacamole-lite
> on my backend.

Please note that guacamole-lite is not an official part of the project, and
not supported by this community/forum. If you need specific help with that,
you'll need to reach out to the maintainer of that code.

> I'm trying to download a file which is printed on guacamole RDP
> connection's redirected printer. I would like to download said file to
> a web browser.
> I confirmed that the program catches a Guacamole.Client.onfile event
> when a file is printed by the redirected printer.
> Is it possible to download the file (to a web browser) which was
> printed through RDP host's redirected printer, using Guacamole-lite
> and Guacamole-common-js?
> I have installed the ghost script, and I managed to download the file
> to the web browser when using guacamole-client.

Yes, this is the way it is intended to work, and there shouldn't be any
issues. If it is working fine with the stock guacamole-client, but not with
guacamole-lite, then it sounds like there is an issue with guacamole-lite
and you should reach out to the project/maintainer.

-Nick