Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Scott Purcell <sp...@vertisinc.com> on 2003/04/11 20:43:23 UTC

Heap_Size Help

Hello,

I am running Tomcat V4.0.6 on Windows 2000. I am having a memory problem with the heap that tomcat is configured for. I have searched the web for info, but I am not finding anything useful. Does anyone know how this is done?

I did find this
bash>export TOMCAT_OPTS=${TOMCAT_OPTS}" -Xmx512m -Xss64k"

But I truely do not understand what that is doing, I am thinking it may be a Unix thing and not a PC thing.

thanks,
scott

Re: Heap_Size Help

Posted by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com>.
Or, more specifically for using the tomcat.exe which comes with Tomcat
(which is an older version of the JavaService app)....

http://www.mattkelli.com/tech/tomcat/ntservice.htm

Jake

Re: Heap_Size Help