Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Stig Rohde Døssing <st...@gmail.com> on 2020/12/11 12:20:11 UTC

Semantics of acks=all

Hi,

We have a topic with min.insync.replicas = 2 where each partition is
replicated to 3 nodes.

When we send a produce request with acks=all, the request should fail if
the records don't make it to at least 2 nodes.

If the produce request fails, what does the partition leader do with the
records it has written to the local log. Are they deleted, or will the
producer's retry cause duplication?

Re: Semantics of acks=all

Posted by Stig Rohde Døssing <st...@gmail.com>.
Thanks.