Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Eric Bresie <eb...@gmail.com> on 2023/04/02 16:18:30 UTC

Updated dependencies triggers nbm-maven-plugin dependency build issue

Trying to update my maven dependency plugins and when I've updated all of
them, I've get build failures like

Failed to execute goal
> org.apache.netbeans.utilities:nbm-maven-plugin:4.8:manifest
> (default-manifest) on project python4nb:
> Uncategorized problems with NetBeans dependency verification (maybe
> MNBMODULE-102 or wrong maven dependency metadata).
> Supposedly external classes are used in the project's binaries but the
> classes are not found on classpath.
> Class usages: [
> com.github.luben.zstd.ZstdInputStream,
> org.jetbrains.annotations.Contract,
> org.jetbrains.annotations.Nullable,
> com.github.luben.zstd.BufferPool,
> com.github.luben.zstd.ZstdOutputStream,

> org.jetbrains.annotations.NotNull] -> [Help 1]
> To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
> Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.For more
> information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the
> following articles:
> [Help 1]
> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoFailureException

This seems similar to what was described previously for 4.2 version of
https://lists.apache.org/thread/sm6qc78mgbn271mdy9pnbbs9dzp8b6m5
But if I do <verifyRuntime>false</verifyRuntime> the nbm-maven-plugin
appears to no longer recognize this tag.

Any ideas?

Eric Bresie
ebresie@gmail.com

RE: Updated dependencies triggers nbm-maven-plugin dependency build issue

Posted by Eric Barboni <Er...@irit.fr>.
Hi Eric

Hi for the verifyRuntime should be in configuration block and accept "fail, warn and skip"

<plugin>
<groupId>org.apache.netbeans.utilities</groupId>
<artifactId>nbm-maven-plugin</artifactId>
<extensions>true</extensions>
<configuration>
<verifyRuntime>warn</verifyRuntime>
</configuration>
</plugin>

Maybe it could help investigate. Updating dependencies on a project may cause so transitive issue you have to manage.

Using maven-site-plugin plugin as dependency is also a bit tricky. Do you need it or you only need maven-site plugin ? You could use <pluginManagement> section in this case.

Best regards
Eric

Posted by Eric Bresie <eb...@gmail.com>.