Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Katrin Tomanek <to...@coling-uni-jena.de> on 2007/02/19 13:21:19 UTC

Next UIMA Release

Hi,

I read that a new UIMA release was planned for Feb 15th?

Is the release already out? Or when do you expect it to be done.

Regards,
Katrin

--
Katrin Tomanek
Jena University Language and Information Engineering (JULIE) Lab

Re: Next UIMA Release

Posted by Adam Lally <al...@alum.rpi.edu>.
On 2/19/07, Michael Baessler <mb...@michael-baessler.de> wrote:
> Katrin Tomanek wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I read that a new UIMA release was planned for Feb 15th?
> >
> > Is the release already out? Or when do you expect it to be done.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Katrin
> >
> Hi Katrin,
>
> the new UIMA release has a delay of about one or two weeks. But we hope
> that we get it out either this week or next week.
> Currently we are not able to give you an exact date, since we are in the
> Apache release approval phase that cannot be planned in advance.
>
> As soon as we are ready, and the downloads are available we will post it
> to the UIMA users list.

Also if anyone wants a sneak preview, everyone has access to our SVN
and it should not be hard to build your own UIMA SDK following the
instructions at http://incubator.apache.org/uima/svn.html.  It just
won't be the official approved release, but in all likelihood will be
almost identical to the eventual approved release.

-Adam

Re: Next UIMA Release

Posted by Michael Baessler <mb...@michael-baessler.de>.
Katrin Tomanek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I read that a new UIMA release was planned for Feb 15th?
>
> Is the release already out? Or when do you expect it to be done.
>
> Regards,
> Katrin

Hi Katrin,

the new UIMA release has a delay of about one or two weeks. But we hope
that we get it out either this week or next week.
Currently we are not able to give you an exact date, since we are in the
Apache release approval phase that cannot be planned in advance.

As soon as we are ready, and the downloads are available we will post it
to the UIMA users list.

-- Michael